Hair Care and Use
Although synthetic wigs requires very little care and maintenance, it is important to care for your wig properly in order to extend the life span and keep your wig looking great longer. Here are tips to help guide wearing, cleansing, and maintaining for synthetic hair.
How to Put on the Wigs
1. First make sure your hair is as smooth as possible
2. Pin up the long hair
3. Put a wig cap on (optional)
4. Adjust the straps as needed
5. Put the wig on in a front to back motion
6. Position the front of your wigs
7. Push the front of the wig back until it rests slightly below your natural hairline
8. Then style to your desire
How to Wash a Synthetic Wig
1. Gently detangle the hair using a wide-tooth comb or wig brush.
2. Holding the wig in your hands, wet with lukewarm water.
3. Select a shampoo that is specially designed for synthetic wigs and gently work it through hair from top to bottom with your fingers.
4. Apply a small amount of Leave-In Conditioner from mid-shaft to the ends.
5. Wait a few minutes before rinsing the conditioner out with lukewarm (not hot) water.
6. Gently pat dry with a towel. Avoid wringing or twisting.
7. Comb wet hair from the bottom to top using gentle downward strokes one section at a time. Never begin combing at the top or middle and always comb down.
8. FINGER comb for curly or wavy styles.
9. Air dry the synthetic wig on a wig stand.
How to Care for a Synthetic Wig
- Do invest in shampoo and conditioner especially for your wig
- Do Keep your wig covered and upright or covered when not in use
- Do wash your wigs regularly. Your wig should be washed after about 20 wears, or every three to four weeks.
- Do use heat tools on wigs that are specifically designed to be heat friendly
- Don't use heat to style or dry your wig
- Don't sleep or shower with your wig
- Don't rub, twist, or wring your wig
- Don't brush or touch your wig when it is wet from water, steam, rain, snow, excessive spraying, or perspiration
- Place your wig on a styling head while it is wet as this can stretch and ruin the wig cap